Iran’s ambassador to the international organizations in Vienna says the Israeli regime will soon find out about the wrongfulness of its decision to target Iran’s nuclear program.
“Even most insane criminals will finally—and soon—realize that they must never threaten Iranians,” Kazem Gharibabadi wrote in a letter addressed to International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director-General Rafael Grossi on April 14.
He was writing to Mr. Grossi to condemn a recent sabotage operation targeting Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility. Power was cut across the installation on April 11, but officials said the incident had not led to any casualties, damages or complications.
Iran says the responsibility for the act of “nuclear terrorism” falls squarely on the occupying regime.
The envoy also conveyed the Islamic Republic’s resolve to power through with its nuclear activities in the aftermath of the sabotage operation.
“The most recent cowardly act of nuclear terrorism will only strengthen our determination to march forward and replace all the damaged centrifuges with even more advanced and sophisticated machines,” he wrote.
Tehran has announced its intention to start enriching uranium at 60-percent purity level in response to the sabotage. It also plans to not only supplant the centrifuges, but also install an additional 1,000 devices of a 50-percent higher enrichment capacity at the facility.
The Israeli regime has incessantly but unsuccessfully been trying to damage Iran’s progress in the field of peaceful nuclear technology, including by assassinating seven Iranian nuclear scientists through the years besides targeting the country’s nuclear work with such acts of sabotage.
Last year too, Natanz was targeted in another “terrorist move” to blow up parts of the installation in an attack that Tel Aviv has been suspected of orchestrating.
Israel’s Channel 12 carried a broadcast recently, warning that the regime was “nearing the point where Iran will be forced to respond” to its terrorist activities.
Mr. Gharibabadi ascribed the regime’s activities to its lack of accountability, the international organization’s refusal to hold it accountable, and silence on the part of some states, which allege concern about safety and security of nuclear installations worldwide.
He pointed out that “the Israeli regime with its present non-peaceful nuclear program remains the sole and major threat preventing the establishment of peace and stability” in the Middle East.
Therefore, the official said, “International pressure should be brought to bear against the Israeli regime and its nuclear threat.”
“The international community must strongly condemn this act of nuclear terrorism and hold the culprits and their accomplices accountable for their acts, which threaten to further destabilize the already tense situation in the Middle East,” the letter stated. (PressTV.com)