(FinalCall.com) – A Santa Maria, California jury found pop superstar Michael Jackson innocent of all 10 counts brought against him by Santa Barbara District Attorney Tom Sneddon.
Before his trial began in January, Jackson stated, “As you know, the charges recently directed at me are terribly serious. They are, however, predicated on a big lie. This will be shown in court, and we will be able to put this horrible time behind us.” “Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. The truth will win this marathon in court,” he added.
The following are the 10 counts that Michael Jackson was found innocent of:
- 4 counts of lewd acts involving a minor under the age of 14
- 4 counts of administering an intoxicating agent (wine)
- 1 count of attempting a lewd act upon a minor
- 1 conspiracy count which includes child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion.
Releated links and articles:
- Michael Jackson: Innocent until proven guilty (FCN, 02-17-2005)
- Michael Jackson: In his own defense (FCN, 01-06-2004)
- Official Michael Jackson News Source (MJJSource.com)